Y’all spoke, and we listened! This week in our series Oil Patch Pro’s “Best of” we’re counting down the 5 best restaurants in MIDLAND, Texas. Be sure and leave us a comment to tell us what town we should cover next! Here goes nothing…
5. Basin Burger House – This Midland staple takes your average burger joint and kicks it up a notch! From the warm, inviting atmosphere to the fresh-cut fries and interesting burger combinations, this place does everything just a little bit better. They even offer some fare you won’t find at other burger bars, like “skinny fries” (green beans topped with grated parmesan) and a fully-stocked bar! The “Poblano Burger” with roasted green chiles, a fried egg, and avocado seems to be the house favorite!
Photo courtesy of Yelp
4. Hog Pit Pub & Grub – Sometimes you’ve got a craving for barbeque with a good old fashioned jukebox – and when you get that feeling in Midland, head over to Hog Pit. Regulars swear by the chicken fried steak and ribs (a half rack is plenty unless you’re seriously hungry) – but get your fill before the kitchen closes at 2pm! Don’t worry though, the bar stays open much later…and many nights you’ll find live music!
Photo courtesy 0f Google
3. KD’s BBQ – This place has got to be the most popular barbeque restaurant in Midland, hands down – just walk right up to the giant smoker and point to what you want! The brisket is the house specialty, with a noticeable pink “smoke ring” bordered by a dark, crispy bark – the sausage has people talking, too. You pay for the meat by the pound, but the salad, beans and dessert are all included as part of the meal – you can’t beat that deal!
Photo courtesy of Yelp
2. The Garlic Press – For business lunches or date nights, you may be looking for something a little more upscale – look no further than The Garlic Press in Wadley Heights. Every table is served the namesake appetizer – warm bread, butter, and a freshly roasted head of garlic with a garlic press – and it keeps people coming back! Take our advice and get a reservation if you’re going during peak hours. The wine list is extensive, the chefs and cuisine are outstanding, and the service is second-to-none.
Photo courtesy of The Garlic Press
1. Wall Street Bar & Grill – Every town has that place that seems to always be “happening” – if you’re in Midland place is Wall Street Bar & Grill. Two of the most talked-about menu items are their salad with house vinaigrette and crumbled bleu cheese, and the “gold brick” – ice cream with a signature chocolate hard topping! Oil folks come and go, but it doesn’t get much more quintessentially “Midland” than this place, right across from the post office.
Photo courtesy of Zomato
And that’s a wrap on Midland! While you’re checking out some of these places be sure and download Oil Patch Pro – we make navigating the oilfield simple, and put the information you need in the palm of your hand. Download it today for free for iPhone and Android!
Comment on Facebook with what town we should cover next in our series Oil Patch Pro “Best of!”